The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on May 19, 2011. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 02
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President Carter
Prayer – Silent
Guests – Bryant Mahlstedt and Steve Jefferson
Program – Deputy Sheriff Mike Pilat and his dog Kilo. Deputy Sheriff Pilat talked about getting the dog, the training they go through and some of the work they have done together. He has been right on 178/182 drug searches. He is also on call for other counties and the State Police. He will get 8 to10 years of use out of Kilo. He then gave us a demonstration on how the dog works.
1. Lion Risley reminded us that Diabetes Awareness Day was May 21st.
2. President Carter announced that the May date for picking up the highway was May 23rd (24th is rain date).
3. Spreading mulch on the playground will occur on May 26th at 5:30 pm.
4. Lion Risley talked about Diabetes Awareness Day on May 21st. We will do Hy Vee and Wal*Mart.
5. Lion Jan Entwistle reminded us that the Retinopothy Unit would be in town on June 2nd.
6. Lion Beaver asked for picture submissions of Lions in action for DVD the membership committee is making.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes –$11.75 won by Lion Kruzan. Rollover.