The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on January 6, 2011. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 05
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – Lion Risley
Prayer – Silent
Guests – See List - Spouses and Guests
Song – Happy Birthday to Lions Jan Entwistle, Mary Prueter, David Culver and Beth Westen
Program – Bisiness Meeting
1. President Carter reported that we were successful in cooking 80 turkeys and delivering them to the needy on Christmas Eve. This was done in conjunction with McDonough County FOP and Morning Rotary Club.
2. Lion Jan Entwistle will arrange for Hearing Unit and Eye Unit (twice) to come to Macomb.
3. President Carter and DG Entwistle discussed upcoming District Convention coming to Macomb on March 11th and 12th and the help that will be needed.
4. Lion Bob Bowen will be finding service projects for the club.
5. Lion Battin feels we should get the Lions Tale going again – e-mail version only.
6. Next Meeting – January 20th – Program Capt. Owen Thompson, Salvation Army
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $6.50 won by Richard Cook.