The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on January 5, 2012. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 00
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – 1st VP Entwistle
Prayer – Silent
Guests – None
Birthdays – Lion Bruce Prueter
Program –Singing by Fred Railsback
1. Lion Alan Bishop is starting the planning process. Be ready, Spring will be here before we know it.
2. Lion Risley stated Diabetes Awareness Day was the last Saturday in March.
3. Lion Lueck reported that our local Peace Poster Contest winner had also won the District Contest.
4. Kenny Boyd, CEO of MDH will be speaker at the next meeting.
5. Feb 16th meeting will be a couples night.
6. Had discussion about changes to the constitution.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – $5.00. Won by Lion Bishop.