The regular meeting of the Macomb Lions Club was held on April 5, 2012. Members gathered in the dining room of the Grand Prairie Home with those members in attendance as shown on the Attendance Record and Guest Register. Transcribed below is what happened at the meeting:
Attendance: Guests 03
Lead in the Pledge of Allegiance – President DeJaynes
Prayer – Silent
Guests – Marlene Reynoso, Nick Romeo, & Jennifer Coe (Patricia Simmons)
Birthdays –Jerry Peabody and John White
Program –- Regional Superintendent of Schools – John Meixner
Primary Duties – Delivery of Services: Teacher Certification, boundary setting, consolidation, re- organization, compliance with State and Federal laws and life safety issue.
1. Thank you from the nurse in Macomb Schools for our assistance with the vision machine.
2. Lion Bishop – Lightbulbs and Brooms – Kick-Off will be April 19th, Rally Night – May 3rd, and wrap up- May 11th
3. Lion Jan Entwistle - Lion Diabetic Retinopathy Unit was at Campus Rec on March 21st Assistance was given by the following Lions: David Beaver, Bethanie Brooks, Jan Entwistle, Jim Entwistle, Lowell Lueck, Jack Schoonover and Patricia Simmons. 40 individuals were screened.
4. Regional Supt. Offices has requested assistance in purchasing a vision screening machine also. Could cost as much as $5200.00.
5. Lion Simmons brought forth request for $100 to Camp Rocky Leadership Class. K-5th is a day camp and 6th– 8th are overnight campers.
Tail Twister Sweepstakes – Won by Lion Lou Battin - $20.50..